Northwest Cycling Club in conjunction with League of American Bicyclists is offering a class designed to teach adult cyclists how to use a bicycle with confidence and competence for pleasure, utility, and sport under various highway, climate, terrain, and traffic conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a pre-requisite for this hands-on course – you must complete the free online ‘classroom’ portion before attending. Please see the information below.
- Online course is available at www.bikeed.org.
- Once you get to the site you will need to register and complete the four chapters as this will prepare you for the ‘on-the-bike’ portion of the course.
- Deadline for completing the online course is Friday, September 13th at 11:59 pm.
- Failure to complete the online course will prevent you from being able to complete the hands-on course.
The class is organized into three levels:
1. The Basics
a. The Bicycle
c. Clothing and Equipment
d. Bicycle Handling
2. Bicycling in Traffic
a. Your Role in Traffic
b. Avoiding Crashes
c. Hazard Avoidance Maneuvers
3. Enjoying the Ride
a. Riding Enjoyment
b. Ride Etiquette
c. Helping Motorists Share the Road
Bring your bike, helmet, water bottle(s) and wear comfortable riding clothes. At the end of the skills class, we will take to the road and put into practice the skills learned. The on-the-bike course is approximately 9 miles.
Cost is $45 including registration fees. Register early >>HERE<< - class size is limited to 12! Upon completion of the course NWCC members will receive a $20 gift certificate to Northwest Cyclery. Note: If you received a coupon code for the $20 discount for participating in Katy Flatland Century, the gift certificate will not apply.
Online registration closes on Friday, September 13 at 11:59 pm.
If we have inclement weather, class will be rescheduled. Sorry, no refunds will be given.
Questions may be addressed to Andrew Rubin, LCI at email@example.com
Event Date & Time:
- Date: September 15, 2019
Time: Members Only
|The RSVP and buy your Ticket at the Event is available to members only. On Sale|
* Please note that a maximum number of 2 tickets can be purchased for this event per order.