First by foot, then by boat. Kayak Lake Raven.
Member Only Information:
After the hike, have lunch in the park. Then grab your kayak and hit the water! I have 2 kayaks you can share, bring your own, or I believe you can rent one at the state park. I’ll grab the info today.
There are alligators in the lake. Some people SUP in the Lake and I have 2 you can borrow if you dare. I think the Kayak is a better option.
What to do if you see an alligator:
- Just paddle in the opposite direction. It’s likely not interested in you.
- Don’t try to feed it
- Don’t get closer
- Don’t try to poke it or splash it
- Don’t bring your dog to the kayak. Alligators are attracted to the scent of dogs.
About the paddle:
This is not a guided paddle. You’re free to explore as you wish. If you stay closer to the shore, you’re more likely to see wildlife. Coves are where you’re more likely to see alligators.
What to bring:
- Sun Protection (hat, sunscreen, long sleeves, long pants, sunglasses)
- Bug Protection
- Dry clothes
- Water Shoes/sandals with straps
- Kayak – we have 2 to share or BYOB
- Life Jacket – required on the boat. You don’t have to wear it. We have one if you borrow our kayak.
- Paddle – we have 2 for our 2 kayaks
- Chair for in-between paddles
- Check out the calendar for a hike before Kayaking!
Fees: Day Pass is Required to get into the Park:
Please reserve a day pass for $7.00 (free with TX state park pass) online with Huntsville State Park. Also, RSVP below so we know to expect you. The dog training is free for members.
Where to Meet:
Park in the parking lot for the boat ramp. Drive to shelter spot #1. Not sure how much space there is so please plan to walk from a nearby parking location.
Event Date & Time:
- Date: October 30, 2021
Time: Members Only
To cancel your RSVP, please go to the "My Events" page.