Guided Walking Tour
Between blue skies and bluer seas rests the verdant coastline of the Cinque Terre. Enjoy the colorful fishing villages, the outstanding food and wine, the fascinating history and vibrant culture of this captivating corner of Italy. Numberless generations of simple fishermen and farmers have carved from the seaside cliffs a stunningly beautiful garden landscape. With every inch of space at a premium, the houses appear to be built one atop the other, and the terraced vineyards and olive groves, connected with a maze of paths, offer some of the most extraordinary walks to be had in Italy.
We will be Hiking In The Dolomites, Italy from September 8. Come and join us for some pre-hikes too!
- Day one: Your guide meets you in Monterosso (easily reached by train from Pisa, Florence, Rome or Milan). Following an orientation tour of Monterosso, where you’ll be based for the next few days, you walk to Vernazza, the next fishing village down along the coast.
- Day two: Today features a guided walk from Monterosso to Levanto, north of the Cinque Terre, with spectacular views up and down the coastline. After exploring this town, you return to Monterosso by train.
- Day three: You continue your exploration of the Cinque Terre, picking up where you left off in Vernazza and walking down to Riomaggiore, the southernmost village. Along the way you pass through the villages of Corniglia, Volastra with its spectacular wineyards, and Manarola.
- Day four: Today you walk from Riomaggiore along the spine of mountains forming the peninsula of the Cinque Terre, arriving finally at Portovenere, with views over the romantically named Gulf of Poets.
- Day five: You begin the day with a train ride to Santa Margherita Ligure for a guided walk to Portofino. After lunch, there’s time to explore the shops and sights of this gracious harbor. Return to Santa Margherita is by boat, allowing for a splendid view of the rugged coastline.
- Day six: You depart the Cinque Terre from the Monterosso train station. From here, you can easily reach all of Italy, including Florence, Rome Milan.
- 5 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 2 dinners
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
*You will pay our tour company Girosole directly. Your payment to them is transferable to a different trip but non-refundable.
If you do need to cancel, we will help you in whatever way we can to find a replacement for your spot, but we can't guarantee it.
Event Date & Time:
- Date: September 14, 2019 - September 19, 2019
Time: Members Only