Welcome 2024 on Chile’s Rivers!*
*Note: other dates available upon request
Are you ready? Intermediate white water kayakers are often timid about kayaking Chile rivers. Yet, few know that our back yard rivers offer safe sections and features idea for developing your kayak skills. This is more than a vacation. This is your investment to improve your kayak game while exploring and meeting new like skilled friends.
This Trip is for intermediate whitewater kayakers seeking to progress skills to advanced kayaking. Add the security of professional instructors, safe and challenging development features, quality equipment, Chile’s beautiful rivers at our riverside retreat with Team Buena Oncda.
“I’m not good enough to go kayaking in Chile,” we often hear this wrong assumption. Yes, intermediate kayakers come to Chile to get student centric kayak instruction and explore safe fun rivers too. Proper features plus skillful instructors.
With more than 15 class II to III+ river sections Pucon area rivers guarantee proper features to challenge and progress your kayaking. Team Buena Onda instructors are trained to benefit your river running with skills such as control kayak on ferries, improve combat rolls, pierce and catch eddies. By the time you leave your kayaking and confidence will improve. It is our goal to give you foundational kayak tools so you continue to improve all year. Your Trancura riverside base is as good as kayaking gets with development rapids both upstream and downstream and rivers in every direction. There is even a clean ten foot waterfall for the thrill seekers. It’s whitewater heaven, and you get to kayak multiple times daily.
Did we mention volcanos and hot springs?
- Skill Level: INTERMEDIATES: II+ to III+
- Arrival City: Temuco Airport (ZCO) 11 AM to 5 PM
- Departure City: Temuco Airport (ZCO) 11 AM to 5 PM
Trip Length: 8 Days
*Due to water levels, skills, and group needs the following itinerary is subject to change and is a best prediction of the itinerary.
Day 1 (SAT)
Arrival to Temuco Airport (ZCO) between 11 AM to 5 PM.
Boat outfitting, orientation and welcome.
Potential afternoon river run or activity pending time.
Day 2 (SUN) Skills Assessment on Lago Villarrica and Rio Tolten Chile Kayaking
- AM – Rio Tolten & Lago Villarrica (I to III). Rolls and Strokes at Lago Villarrica
- PM – Rio Tolten (II to III) Plus Artisan Ice Cream
- AM – Kayak Theory PLUS Middle Trancura Strokes, Ferries and Roll Practice
- PM – Liucura Wave to Trancura Confluence (II to III+)
Day 4 (TUE) Lower Maichin Canyon Plus Multi-Sport Activity
- AM – Lower Maichin (II to III) Canyon Chile Kayaking.
- PM – Multi-Sport Activity
Day 5 (WED) Turbio Lava Falls, Swimming Holes, and Liucura Play Wave to Trancura Confluence
- AM – Optional Turbio Lava Falls and Swimming Holes Hike
- PM – Liucura Play Wave to Trancura Confluence. Surfing is our favorite way to gain confidence with boat control and combat rolling.
Lago Caburuga Vista and Appetizers. For the afternoon we’ll drive the group to overlook Lago Caburgua with vistas of two volcanos.
Day 6 (THU) Travel Day – Rio San Pedro Chile Kayaking
- AM – Full Day Road trips are big days and often the group favorites. An early breakfast followed by won of the most scenic drives circling volcanos, lakes and rivers.
- Travel Dinner. *Guests are responsible to cover this cultural dinner estimate at $US12 to $US20.
Day 7 (FRI) – Farewell Celebration Chilean Asado & Video
Optional Palguin Ten Foot Waterfall with Pool Safety Set
- AM – Optional Palguin clean ten foot waterfall.
- PM – Lower Trancura River
Afternoon – Farewell Chilean Asado Celebration
Day 8 (SAT) – Pucon Shopping and Airport Transfers
- AM – Pucon souvenirs and crafts shopping.
- PM –Temuco Airport (ZCO) Departure Flights Between 11 AM to 5 PM.
- Price from $2290 – $3090 plus airfare.
- Deposit: $260 Non-refundable.
What Is Included
- Breakfast, lunch, appetizers & dinner.
- Kayak rental.
- Airport transfer *per published times found on registration page.
- Riverside communal ammenities & lodging.
- Industry leading guides and Team Buena Onda.
- Daily kayak and adventures.
- River and town transports.
- Two house bottles of vino or pisco sour nightly.
- KEEP KAYAKING shirt.
- New friends for life.
- Team Buena Onda Tips. Recommend 9% to 15% of trip cost to be split across team participants.
- 1 meal out per week at local culinary adventure.
- Personal provisions. There are markets within walking distance of retreat.
- Some optional multi-adventure activities such as massage therapy and hot springs.
- Airport transfers outside of scheduled times.
How to join:
Booking information coming soon! For now, please RSVP below if you are interested in this Trip!
Important Checklists & Forms
Event Date & Time:
- Date: December 30, 2023 - January 6, 2024
Time: 5:00 pm
Add to calendar
|The Member RSVP ($260.00 (USD)) is available to members only. On Sale|
To cancel your RSVP, please go to the "My Events" page.