Kayak, SUP, Fishing, 13 miles of hiking. It’s a 3 day weekend, so we’re headed a little further from Houston toward Dallas.
Member Only Information:
We got 6 sites along the lake edge. They are very large spots with trees, green grass, and small “rolling hills”. There is so much space all for us! We’re headed to Tyler State Park just east of Dallas since it’s just about 4 hours from Houston.
Kayaking / SUP:
We can put kayaks and SUPs in the lake directly from our campsites, so we don’t need to worry about parking or saving space in the day-use area.
- Tent spot, 1 person: $95
- RV Spot, 1 person: $105 / per RV
- 2nd Person in Tent or RV: $50
- More than 2 weeks – 95% refund
- Within 2 weeks – no refund unless someone takes your place, then 90%
Additional Fee: $6 per person per day (pay at the park) unless you have a state park pass or ride with someone with a pass. Try to carpool otherwise, there might be extra car fees.
Example of Food Menu (We decide the menu based on who’s attending and # of people):
- Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon/Chorizos, Potatoes/Tacos/Bagels, Fruit, Coffee
- Lunch: Sandwiches or chicken wraps
- Dinners: Amy’s Chili, Beef, or Veggie Fajitas
- Snacks: Brie Cheese, Hummus & Veggies, Fruit, Nuts, Dips, and chips
- Desert: smore’s, Brownies
Drinks BYOB. We’ll have coffee and tea. Plus, creamer for coffee.
If you have dietary restrictions, please let us know when you RSVP. We can create Veggie, Gluten-Free (if allergic), etc. options. If you don’t eat beef/pork/etc., we can make that happen, but please note, we’re not “kosher,” so to speak. So our pots have had meat in them previously (obviously cleaned in between, but cast iron holds the good stuff.)
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad (remember, air mattresses are cooler than lying on the ground)
- Pillow – I always forget mine!
- Layers of clothes
- Sturdy shoes for hiking
- Comfy shoes for camping
- Headlamp or light source
- Camping Chair
- Beverage and cooler for beverages (we don’t have space in the community food cooler for beverages)
- Plate/Bowl/Silverware/Cup to eat and drink with
- Chargers, phones, cameras
We do the shopping and packing (of food and kitchen) for you! So you can just throw your stuff in the car and go. Plus, without coolers, you can carpool and save even more money.
Note on Gear:
We have a lot of space so you can bring your big tents! In the notes section, please let me know if you’re bringing a big tent so we can assign sites accordingly. There is plenty of spots for hammocks.
How to find the group:
When you RSVP, let us know if you have a State Park Pass and your ETA. We’ll assign spots the week of the event so you’ll know where to check in when you arrive.
You can park directly at the campsites. Based on vehicles, we may need to rearrange a little but there is plenty of spaces right at the campsites.
Event Date & Time:
- Date: May 26, 2023 - May 29, 2023
Time: 2:00 pm - 12:00 pm
Add to calendar
Venue: Tyler State Park
Venue Phone: (903) 597-5338
Venue Website: https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/tylerAddress:
To cancel your RSVP, please go to the "My Events" page.