Camping in the woods, just 1 hour from downtown Houston!
Since we're spending the day in the park, we might as well spend the night if you don't have to work on Monday. Even if you do, they have showers. 🙂
Member Only Information:
- $10 for campsite + park entrance fee $7 per day (consider getting as TX State Park Pass for $70 a year an get your entire car into the park for free plus discounts on camping.
- Electric Campsite - #205
- Group firewood (for a moderate fire. Bring extra if you want a larger fire)
Note: Food and community gear is not included in this camping trip
How to find the group:
Got to Campsite #205, RED BUCKEYE. I tried to pick one on the 'inside of the loop' to be further away from the water.
What you need to bring:
- Tent (ask about borrowing, you need to pick up and bring back)
- Ground pad (ask about borrowing)
- Camping Chair (ask about borrowing)
- Sleeping bag
- Food & Cooler
- Cooking stuff (pots, utensils, plate, bowl, cup, stove, gas, lighter, etc.)
- Headlamp, light source.
- Clothes (bring layers)
- Sturdy shoes for hiking
- Comfortable shoes for camping
- Games, a book or something for entertainment
- Mountain bike, optional
How to borrow gear:
You can borrow a tent, ground pad, camping chair, camping stove but you must submit a request & pick up at least 72 hours before the event. All gear needs to be returned within 72 hours after the event.
Pick up and drop off location is in zip code 77023.
Email amyhope@HTXoutdoors.com to request gear for this trip.
What to do at the park:
We’ll organize a hike during the trip. Feel free to bring a mountain bike and explore trails on your own.
This is a laid back camping trip and you’re free to make it what you want.
About the Park:
"A former hunting ranch, Brazos Bend State Park is about 28 miles southwest of Houston and covers roughly 5,000 acres. Its 3.2-mile eastern boundary fronts the Brazos River on the southeast border of Fort Bend County. The state purchased the park land in 1976-77. Brazos Bend opened in 1984." by Brazos Bend State Park.
Event Date & Time:
- Date: November 17, 2019 - November 18, 2019
Time: Members Only